The holidays are fast approaching, and many of us rely on Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to save a bundle on gifts. We have scoured the internet to find the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for you!
The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are falling, and excitement is building for the upcoming sales that will follow Thanksgiving. Black Friday and Cyber Monday provide shoppers with a unique once-a-year experience of high energy, deep discounts, and limited stock. On the news every year, we see hordes of people fighting over goods in top stores all around the country. Black Friday is not for the faint of heart, but if you are up for it, you can snag some fantastic discounts and have a lot of fun doing it.
What are Black Friday and Cyber Monday? A Short History
The day after Thanksgiving is what people refer to when they mention Black Friday. Dating back to the early 1950s, retailers began dropped prices the day after Thanksgiving to kick off the Christmas shopping season. Since 2005, Black Friday has become the busiest shopping day of the year for most retail operations. The name Black Friday comes from referencing the point at which retailers switched from being “in the red” to “in the black,” meaning they were finally turning a profit.
Black Friday has since morphed into an entire weekend and beyond. The success of Black Friday marketing has prompted stores to stretch their hours way beyond normal operations during this event. Some stores open at midnight, some at 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. so that shoppers can get a jump on the deals.
Cyber Monday is relatively new compared to Black Friday, and unlike its counterpart, Cyber Monday takes place only online. It was started by Ellen Davis and Scott Silverman of the U.S. National Retail Federation in an effort to promote online sales and give online shops the same opportunity to offer deals for the Christmas shopping season. It has quickly become almost as popular as Black Friday, which used to primarily be in-store shopping experience.
When is Black Friday 2019?
Black Friday is always the Friday following Thanksgiving; the date changes every year. This year, Black Friday falls on November 29, 2019.
Cyber Monday is always the following Monday, which is December 2, for 2019. However, watch the news and stores because some of the retailers have been moving the needle and opening up deals earlier than the actual start of the event. You may start to see Cyber Monday deals creeping in over the weekend.
Best Buy Black Friday 2019 Tips
Best Buy is notorious for having some of the best Black Friday deals around. They open their doors early and offer first customers “doorbuster” deals while they last. If you don’t want to stand in line and wait until the doors open, they provide online sales as well. Some tips for Best Buy Black Friday shopping are:
- Email alerts - If you aren’t signed up for email alerts from Best Buy yet, that would be a great place to start. You will see emails coming soon that gives you a sneak peek at the products that will be on sale.
- Thanksgiving Day shopping - Often, Best Buy stores open around 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving to get things started. So, after loading up on turkey and the fixings, you might want to be one of the first shoppers in line to get those great deals.
- Sign up for the deal of the day - Best Buy has an area on their website where you can sign up to be alerted of the deal of the day.
Some of the brands they generally discounts are Apple, Bose, LG, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Dell, and more. Typically, things like TVs, cell phones, gaming systems, stereo equipment, headphones, and household gadgets are deeply discounted during their Black Friday event. If you are an online shopper, Best Buy generally offers free shipping during these two events as well.
Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2019 Tips
Amazon sells everything from A to Z. They also make the most out of both Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Every year customers enjoy enormous Amazon Black Friday deals and then Amazon Cyber Monday deals after the weekend is over.
Within the next few weeks, Amazon will start dropping hints about big, upcoming sales associated with the two shopping events. To get the most out of these discounts, try a few of these tips:
- Sign up for alerts - if you haven’t already, get on Amazon’s email list so you will be the first to knew what the deals are and when.
- Check back often - throughout the day on Black Friday and Cyber Monday check back on the Amazon store; they offer hourly deals that expire.
- Download the app - to stay on top of all the best Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, download the app, and turn on notifications.
What to Expect From Best Buy’s Black Friday 2019 Sales
Although we can’t predict specific products that will be discounted, based on last year, we do expect to see Apple Black Friday deals and Apple Cyber Monday deals. Expect discounts on the new iPhones, iPads, and even AirPods. Dozens of TVs, including 4K models, speakers, and other high-tech equipment, will also be on sale this season. Laptops are always a big seller on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Walmart often has huge sales, competing neck-and-neck with Best Buy and Amazon. Be sure to check them out as well and look for their upcoming teasers.
Amazon always offers its own products (like Alexa Echo devices) at great prices during Black Friday and on Cyber Monday. Sometimes you can even get their gift cards at a discounted rate.
Don’t forget about Target, Kohl’s, Home Depot, and Macy’s, which also contribute significant savings to the mix.
The Best Black Friday Deals You’ll See This Year
Whether you are looking for deals on sweaters and boots, the latest technology, or things for your home, you are bound to find the best Black Friday deals for 2019 by keeping your eyes peeled for the details about what will be on sale and when. Some shoppers will prefer to skip Black Friday and wait for the best Cyber Monday deals for 2019.
To get the most out of this holiday’s shopping season:
- Make your wish list now and watch for flyers so you can compare which retailers have the best deal for you.
- Watch for price matches so you can buy products where you want to.
- Check prices now so you will know when they go on sale and how much you will be saving.
- Watch for early discounts. Some retailers start offering early Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in late October, early November, to get the hype going.
- Download apps for the stores you are interested in, and turn on notifications so you will be alerted to doorbuster sales or early savings.
- If you miss something, don’t worry, these deals often extend beyond the weekend and into the following week.
Finally, don’t make any plans, stay focused, watch your email, check for online deals, and stay alert to get the best Black Friday, and Cyber Monday deals this year!