Graphic artists and web developers know how to remove the background from a picture and why it is essential. If you have ever wondered how to remove a background from an image, keep reading to find out how easy it can be.
Why Do I Need to Remove Background from an Image?
There are dozens of reasons why you might need to remove the background from a photo. Web designers want to maintain consistency with pictures of products posted on a website, and removing the background from the image is one of the best ways to do that. Some merchants, such as Amazon and eBay, increase conversions by having good, clean photos of products.
Other reasons you may want to know how to remove a background from a picture are:
Logos – Logos are sometimes used on a website with a colored background. Therefore, you first need to remove the background of the logo. When logos are used for marketing purposes, they appear on white paper and again, need the background removed.
Editing - Sometimes, you need to edit out parts of the photo such as people or things in the background that don’t belong. You can use any online photo editor from our list to get the job done.
Collages - You can create beautiful collages combining multiple images, but first, you need to remove their backgrounds.
Transparency - Website professionals use transparent images for design, marketing, and web purposes.
Check our reviews of the best windows photo editor and the top photo editor for mac.
What are the Benefits of Removing the Background from a Photo?
There are various benefits of removing the background from an image. Some of the more pronounced are:
- It creates a smaller file size.
- You can exact better consistency among a set of images.
- Removes any distraction from your point of focus.
- You can add new backgrounds and create collages easily.
- A graphic with a transparent background has a cleaner, more professional look.
- Images without backgrounds appear better on mobile devices as well.
- Some online merchants require transparent backgrounds for products.
How to Remove the Background from a Picture Using inPixio
Now that you understand why you should remove the background from a picture and the benefits, let’s look at a quick and easy way to do it using a tool called inPixio.
First, let’s talk about how to prepare your image for background removal. Choose an image that has a distinct background and foreground elements. The software needs to find clear edges to cut along and using photos with people or objects to work best.
Using the tool is quite easy and takes the hard work of editing the image yourself off your plate.
- Visit inPixio.com and drag-n-drop your image onto the box. You can also use the green “Choose a Photo” button and browse and select your picture. You can even provide a URL to grab the image from.
- Now you need to select the background and foreground. Enlarge the image using the slider to zoom in. Click on the “Remove” tool and choose the areas you wish to remove. They will be marked with red.
- Now using the “Keep” button, select the areas you want to keep. These areas will be highlighted in green.
- Click the green “Apply” button to apply the changes. If the results are not what you want, you can click the “Reset” button to start over or continue selecting areas to remove.
- You can also play around with the brush size and feather sliders to get the perfect results. There is also an eraser tool called “clear” you can use to fine-tune your background removal.
- Once your image is the way you want it, click the “Save Your Photo” button and download it to your computer.
- Done! Instant background removal made easy.
Check our list of the best free photo editors.